Check out our Getting Started Videos below (or scroll down for a step by step list of instructions)
Video 1: Download and Install CrankyAds
Video 2: Setup Ad Zones
Video 3: Placing Ad Zones on your Site
Step by Step Instructions
Click on the images to get a larger view
Download Plugin » To download CrankyAds plugin, click on
Upload & Install
- Login to your wp-admin and under plugins select ‘add new’, then upload.
- Choose the CrankyAds zip, it can usually be found in your downloads folder, then click ‘install now’.
- Once it has been uploaded, make sure you activate the plugin.
Register CrankyAds Account
- To register your CrankyAds account, you will need to go to your settings and locate crankyads.
- Complete the registration fields, if you need help, just hover your mouse over the [?] to guide you.
Create Your Advertising Zones
- It should automatically ask you if you want to create a new zone, if it doesn’t, go to the tab ‘Create New Zone’ to create your first CrankyAd.
- Give your zone a name that makes sense to you and potential sponsors, for example if it is going in your header area (that is the top area of your site), call it “Header Banner”, keep it simple.
- Describe the zone, this is your opportunity to let your potential sponsors know the benefits of advertising in this area and on your site.
- Complete all of the fields and if you get stuck, hover your mouse over the [?] and it will be your guide.
- Advanced Options – in this area you can decide, how:-
- long a campaign can run for ie. a week, a month, 2 years
- many ads an advertiser can display per page load
- many ad campaigns can fit into that zone
- the column layout is too look
Installing CrankyAds Into Your Theme
- If you have widgetized areas for your header, sidebars and footer it will be as simple as going to your widget tool bar and dragging and dropping the CrankyAd zone to where you would like it to be positioned.
- Go to the ‘Active Zones’ area on your CrankyAds settings, click manual script and copy the code
- Paste the zone in the correct php file (header/footer/sidebar) where you would like it to appear on your site. If you are not techie you may need to outsource this.
However, if you do not have widgetized areas, then manual installation will be required.
Email your community,
Let everybody know that they have an opportunity to sponsor your site. All they have to do is click the black ‘Advertise Here’ box and it will walk them through the process of advertising on your site.