Walter our lead developer just made live a few changes, most of which you will never see because they are on the back-end, focused on the development of what is called a “cron server” (which helps us to automate server tasks). These changes do give us a lot of power, for example we can now…
- Update statistics more regularly
- Do more advanced statistics analysis
- Automatically time out your local blog cache so approved ads appear immediately (assuming you don’t have a page cache plugin running – the fix for that is coming soon!)
And a whole lot more, which you will see the fruits of over the coming months.
Walter also rolled out a couple of smaller front-end changes, which are actually quite useful.
- CrankyAds Plugin Zone Settings now have the option to let you specify whether Ad link are rel=”nofollow” or not and whether links open in a new window
- CrankyAds Plugin Settings have a Site Name and Site Description setting
The nofollow option is important when it comes to selling text links and SEO and Google penalties. For more details about this, check out the Wikipedia page about NoFollow.
I also recommend you fill out the site name and site description settings as we will use these details to list your website in the various marketplaces we are current developing.
That’s it for now. Talk to you next update!